Friday, 9 July 2010

Review: Universal Contour Wrap

Hello ladies!

I've just come back from my full body wrap and wanted to get straight on with a review for you. If some people have no idea what I'm talking about, click here for my previous post!

The Process:

I arrived at the salon with quite a good idea as to how this was all going to work. I'd done a ton of research before hand to see whether it's worth it or not. The lady was really nice and explained exactly what she was going to do. I then had to undress and just wear some paper knickers. Boy I must of looked good! She then took my measurements from all over my body, waist, arms, wrists, bust, rib cage, upper and lower thighs and hips. I could also have had my neck wrapped, but she said I don't have a double chin, so I don't need it. I'm quite glad, I'm not sure how I'd breath otherwise!

What She Did:

First off she rubbed clay all over my body. She said this wasn't going to help me lose inches, but it will make my skin super smooth and just generally make it look better. Then she went off and got the wraps. These were already soaked in the special formula, so all she had to do was wrap me up. I was wrapped up pretty tight, especially over my rib cage. I couldn't walk or really move at all. Once she had applied all the wraps, I was then put in what looked like a space suit! I wish I had a picture to show you, but I bet I looked awful! I was then left to lay down for an hour to relax, whilst the clay worked it's magic.

Here's a picture I found online for you. Not of me, but this is exactly what it looks like on.

The Results:

After an hour of relaxing and almost falling asleep! The lady returned to unwrap me! By this time the wraps were quite soggy, so after taking off the 'space suit' I was freezing! Luckily they came off a lot quicker than they went on. Once I was dry, she measured me again. I wasn't given the sheet of results to keep, which kind of sucks, but I was allowed to see them.

The wrap guarantees you lose 6 inches, or your money back. In total I lost 7.25 inches. My top three areas of loss were my upper thighs. I lost 2 inches from one thigh alone! Result! And another inch from my lower thigh. These are my worst areas, so I'm so glad I've lost quite a bit, my clothes should all feel looser now. I also lost one inch from my upper arm. Places like my bust, wrist and waist stayed the same.


The woman claimed I was quite slim so that's why. Me slim? I don't think so. I think she wanted a nice tip! ha ha. Overall I'm pleased with the results. I took some before and after pictures and I can see the difference. My thighs do look slimmer and smoother, which I'm really pleased about.

Pros Vs Cons

Pros:

Guaranteed inch loss of six inches, or your money back
Guaranteed to stay off for 30 days, or your money back
Quick and easy inch loss
Leaves skin feeling smooth and soft
Great for a special occasion
Good to boost motivation to continue to lead a healthier lifestyle

Cons:

Price isn't cheap
Only allowed showers with tepid water for 3-4 days after
Only allowed to use soap on underarm, groin and feet for 3-4 days after
Inches will come back eventually, so not long lasting results
Not ideal for slim people, as they will not lose many inches
Limit tea, coffee, sugar, salt, alcohol and fried and fatty foods, to remove more toxins

Would I Do It Again?

The treatment cost me £75, so it is quite pricey.

I'm glad I had it done as it has made a difference, although I would only have it for special occasions, such as weddings or something, if I was to have it again. This is because it is expensive, so I'd have to save up for it. Hopefully the boyfriend will notice a bit! I loved being pampered, so if you don't mind looking like a mummy and a space man, then I'd recommend it.

If you're naturally very slim, then I think it would be a waste of money for you, so you won't lose a lot. However, I'm not naturally slim as you can tell from pictures, so it has made a difference to me. If you do feel like you have a bit of excess 'baggage' shall we say, then it is something that you could look into. But like I said, I don't recommend it for naturally slim ladies!

In the future, I think I might just buy a body wrap set from places like Boots. Seeing as I didn't lose all over and mainly just my thighs, I think it might be worth just using the wraps on my thighs to see if it makes a difference. These types of products are only around £25 in Boots, so a lot cheaper than what I had done.

The picture below shows The Sanctuary Trim and Tone Body Wrap.
Priced at £24.99 in Boots.

Hope this has helped anyone thinking of having one.

What do you think ladies?

Do you think it's worth it? I'd love some honest opinions! :)

What beauty treatments have you had done? Any you'd recommend or stay clear of in future?

xx
All Images - Google

This was paid for with my own money and my review is purely based on my own opinion.

8 comments:

Sophie said...

you went through with it! thats pretty impressive -- if only it was permanent! Do you know what it actually does to lose those inches? So glad it worked for you! x

Kellie said...

Ahhh! Im glad you liked it over all hun :)

tasha~ said...

Maybe for a special occasion or a wedding day... hmm interesting!

Olivia said...

Sophie - I know, I wish it was permanent! You get wrapped in 25-30 elasticated bandages that have been pre-soaked in a warm, mineral-rich clay solution. The the bandages apparently sculpt and tone your body while the minerals are absorbed into your skin and the clay draws out toxins to leave you feeling and looking your best.


The clay formula and special wrapping techniques the therapists use, also tighten and tone your body while exfoliating and cleansing the skin so you will not only look great, you’ll feel fabulous too, after just one treatment.

(I took that bit from the leaflet I was given in case you didn't realise) I hope that helps you to understand a bit more. But it's all about drawing out your toxins which helps you to lose inches, so if you drink a lot of caffeine and alcohol, smoke, eat lots of fatty foods, then you will lose more inches.

xx

Olivia said...

Kellie - :) It's the next day now and I can really see the results! :)

Tasha - I agree, for a special occasion, but I'm very pleased with the results! :)

xxx

KarenD said...

Interesting! Did you lose weight as well as inches from this?

Olivia said...

Karen - It's not designed to lose weight, it's supposed to draw out toxins and detox your body, so that you lose inches. I did lose a pound, but that could be through anything as weight fluctuates. xx

Louise said...

I've just booked to have one done in a couple of weeks as going on holiday at the end of the month. Can't wait to see the results!